This year, we’ll celebrate the third annual Special Districts Week from May 16th-22nd as proclaimed in Assembly Concurrent Resolution (ACR) 17. The State Assembly and Senate are encouraging Californians across the state to engage with their local communities and to be actively involved with their government, particularly with special districts and the areas they serve.
As a bonus, this year’s Special Districts Week will coincide with our mid-year advocacy event, Special Districts Legislative Days.
As a reminder, we’re inviting all member agencies to be involved with Special Districts Week by doing the following:
- Visit the Special Districts Week Take Action Page at https://www.csda.net/advocate/take-action/ta-special-districts-week.
- Submit a letter of support for ACR 17 using the sample letter provided by CSDA. Be sure to copy CSDA on letters you submit to the Legislature.
- Access the Special Districts Week Toolkit for:
- A social media image to share on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- A sample Resolution for Special Districts Week to pass at your next board meeting.
- A sample newsletter article that will help you let your constituents know about this exciting week.
- A sample press release to send to your local newspapers.
- Take a moment to complete the Grassroots Mobilization Survey
- Ensure your district has adopted a policy governing the process for adopting positions on legislation. For your convenience, CSDA has provided a sample policy to assist in this process.
Have questions? We are always here to help! Contact CSDA Legislative Representative Anthony Tannehill at email@example.com with any questions about ACR 17 and contact CSDA Member Services Representative Eleanor Boling at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the toolkit.