Get more out of membership by becoming more involved. Below are some ways you can support the strength and effectiveness of CSDA while growing relationships within the association. We encourage the participation from member agencies as well as Business Affiliates.
CSDA Committees play a key role in establishing the direction and priorities of the association. Committee involvement is crucial to the success of activities and the development of CSDA. Each committee requires certain time commitments and attendance.
- Legislative Committee: Develops CSDA’s legislative agenda.
- Professional Development Committee: Provides direction for professional development and events.
- Member Services Committee: Supports member recruitment and retention efforts.
- Audit Committee: Maintains and updates internal controls.
- Elections & Bylaws Committee: Conducts annual elections and occasional bylaws reviews.
- Fiscal Committee: Oversees the financial direction of the organization.
Expert Feedback Teams allow CSDA to quickly and effectively gauge the impact new laws may have on special districts. If you have firsthand experience in one or more of the areas below, please join a CSDA's Expert Feedback Team. Teams include: Environment, Revenue, Formation and Reorganization, Governance, Human Resources and Personnel, Public Works and Facilities, and Legal.
Legislative Distribution List are email correspondence sent to individuals where participants have the opportunity to provide feedback on issues before the Legislative Committee meets. This is a great way to stay informed of CSDA’s legislative efforts without the time and travel commitment of serving as a member of the committee.
Magazine & eNews article ideas are always welcome from our members. Please send to CSDA Communications Specialist Vanessa Gonzales.
Workshop & webinar proposals are collected year-round.
CSDA Chapters provide opportunities to get involved locally in affiliated chapters.