Give us your latest and greatest, most unique, high-level, and strategic proposals to help special district leaders throughout California advance, stay in compliance, get informed, and excel. CSDA is currently accepting session ideas for three of our 2018 conferences:
- General Manager Leadership Summit, June 24 – 26, 2018 in Lake Tahoe.
- CSDA Annual Conference and Exhibitor Showcase, September 24 – 27, 2018 in Indian Wells.
- Board Secretary/Clerk Conference, October 22 – 24, 2018 in Lake Tahoe.
- We are also accepting article ideas for California Special District magazine.
You are encouraged to tailor your submission(s) to the unique needs of each audience:
- Attendees at the General Manager Leadership Summit are primarily higher level special district staff.
- Attendees at the CSDA Annual Conference and Exhibitor Showcase are a mix of elected/appointed officials and special district staff.
- Board Secretary/Clerk Conference attendees are typically special district staff participating in our advanced track and most likely have at least a year of experience in their position.
- Readers of California Special District encompass both groups as well. Columns include: Solutions and Innovations, Community Connections, Legal Brief, Money Matters, and What’s so Special.
A preference is given to all proposals that incorporate a special district perspective, presenter, and/or case studies and examples. We invite both districts and vendors to submit topics. Multiple topics may be submitted.
The deadline for conference submissions is Friday, December 29. You will be notified in February/March if your session has been selected for GM Leadership Summit or Annual Conference. Board Secretary/Clerk Conference submissions will be notified in May/June if selected. Magazine submissions will be contacted only as needed. If you have questions, please contact Professional Development Director Megan Hemming.