8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Continental Breakfast with Exhibitors
9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
General Session with Keynote
Crack the Code on Trust: Insider Techniques for Leaders
Pamela Barnum, M.P.A, J.D.
Sponsored by Special District Leadership Foundation (SDLF)
Studies show that the higher the level of trust, the more successful the outcome will be. Nonverbal communication is a significant data source used to make decisions around trust. Using insider techniques, Pamela will help you and your organization Crack the Code on Trust by learning to:
- Accurately assess others' nonverbal cues (body language).
- Discover and learn strategies used to build trust quickly and easily with anyone, including demanding clients, difficult customers, and challenging stakeholders.
- Behave in a way that communicates confidence and trustworthiness in every situation.
- Develop nonverbal communication techniques that make people feel validated and appreciated.
- Create an environment that fosters authenticity and trust - turning first impressions into winning impressions.
10:30 – 11:00 a.m.
Break and Networking with Exhibitors
11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Breakout Session Options
12:30 – 2:30 p.m. - Lunch included
State and National Advocacy and Public Affairs Issues
Kyle Packham and Cole Karr, CSDA; Kristi More, The Ferguson Group
This presentation will be a mid-year, executive-level update on the most significant advocacy and public affairs issues facing special districts in and around the State Capitol as well as on the national landscape. Learn about the matters facing special districts, including the opportunities ahead and the threats lurking from behind.