Free Legal Service Benefit
CSDA offers each member (district) one hour of free legal advice each year to help in resolving any legal issue or question. CSDA’s legal counsel has been representing special districts for many years and is well versed in helping special districts in a variety of areas.
To use this benefit, please read the below information and contact our office with any questions, at 877-924-2732.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Legal Benefit does not include representation or litigation in a court of law.
- Members submitting questions should be in agreement/cooperation with the district’s Board of Directors or General Manager and not working alone.
- Legal benefit is for district use only. This is not intended for personal use of any kind.
- Usage of this benefit will be tracked by CSDA staff. The request form will be sent to staff and forwarded directly to the attorney(s). Attorney(s) will contact the requestor directly to provide answers or seek additional information.
- General response time for this benefit is approximately 2 weeks.
- Benefit hour will be tracked in units of 10 minutes. Any time over the alloted hour will be billed by the attorney directly to the district.
- Requests are sent to CSDA’s contracted attorney. Requests to use outside attorneys for this benefit will not be permitted.
- You may choose to post your question to the CSDA listserv before using the legal benefit as other districts may be able to help. Listserv access can be found here.
To continue your legal request, please submit the form below or contact our office at 916.442.7887.