Do you want to get feedback from other districts about an issue but don’t want to make 25 phone calls? If so, you should be subscribed to the CSDA listserv. CSDA’s email listserv is a powerful communication tool for CSDA members. It makes it easy for our members to share information and ideas, and ask questions and get answers from those most qualified to answer: colleagues who have been through the same experiences. Once you are subscribed, you can send your question or issue to one email address and it will automatically be delivered to everyone else on the list. There are currently over 200 members subscribed. That is a wealth of information!
Do you want to find out what software other districts are using? How they screen their employees? Set their fees? The listserv is a quick way to get responses from all over the state.
To subscribe to the Listserv, please complete form below. If you have any questions about this benefit, or any other CSDA benefits, please contact Cassandra Strawn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877.924.2732
Rules and Guidelines:
By joining and using CSDA’s listserv, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for this discussion group.
- The CSDA listserv address is: email@example.com. Please add this email address to your contact list/safe sender list/address book so messages are not filtered as spam.
- Only members of the listserv can post a message.
- Messages posted to the listserv must come from the subscribed email address.
- Messages sent to this address will be delivered to all subscribers on the listserv.
- REPLY will send a message to the individual.
REPLY ALL will send your message to the entire list.
CSDA has established a group of guidelines governing behavior on the listserv. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate access to the listserv for members who violate these rules.
- Exercise common sense and courtesy at all times.
- Please help us keep this listserv free of controversial conversation topics.
- Use the CSDA listserv only for subject matter that is relevant to special districts and be specific in the Subject Line.
- Do not post content that is obscene or in violation of state or federal law.
- Do not use it for emails that involve politics, religious topics, or chain letter messages.
- The listserv is a communication tool for members only. Please do not forward messages to other individuals.
- Do not use the listserv for marketing purposes or to promote your services.
- Do not post open employment positions to the listserv. Please visit the CSDA Career Center for employment positions.
- Do not post any copyrighted material unless you have permission to do so.
- Sign your messages with your name, title, district and email address.
- If you wish to speak with someone directly regarding an issue on the listserv, please send an email directly to that person. Do not send meeting or phone call requests to the entire group.
- Send messages such as “I can’t help with this one,” “thanks for the information,” “me too,” or “I’m interested in that as well” to the individual – not to the entire list.
- If you’re not sure whether your post will violate the rules, consult the moderator BEFORE you send it. Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-924-2732.
The listserv is provided as a member benefit of the California Special Districts Association (CSDA). CSDA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. CSDA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by CSDA or any third party. In no event shall CSDA be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use or data arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.