CSDA’s Coaching Program seeks to link experienced local government managers (coaches) and emerging leaders in special districts together as an educational and career development resource. CSDA provides this service as a resource only and does not endorse the individual coaches nor have any of them gone through a specific screening process. After linking a coach with an emerging leader, this program is operated on a volunteer basis depending upon the time constraints of the coach and the emerging leader. These individuals determine, and are solely responsible for, scheduling, content and all aspects of the coaching relationship.
By accessing this program, each individual understands and agrees that:
• Any advice given is designed to provide general guidance in career development, management, operations, governance and other related topics based on the experience of the coaches
• These are general discussions and in no way can be relied upon as legal advise
• Information provided is not to be relied upon as a substitute for individual judgment or legal opinions
CSDA members are able to participate in a variety of career development webinars at no charge through CSDA’s sponsorship of the Cal ICMA Coaching Program. Webinars can be viewed live or as recorded sessions and provide a resource that helps to prepare mid-career professionals to take their places in senior management roles.
In 1999, the Special District Leadership Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, was formed to provide educational opportunities to special district officials and employees to enhance service to the public.
It is dedicated to excellence in local government. To date, SDLF has designed and implemented the following programs :
– Special District Administrator Certification
– Recognition in Special District Governance
– District of Distinction
– District Transparency Certificate of Excellence
The SDA Certification is for management staff of the district, the Recognition is for the governing board members or trustees, District of Distinction is for all special districts as well as the District Transparency Certificate of Excellence.