Nomination information and forms were recently mailed to every CSDA voting member agency. The leadership of CSDA is elected from its six geographical regions. Each region has three seats on the Board with staggered three-year terms. Candidates must be affiliated with an independent special district that is a CSDA regular member located within the geographic region that they seek to represent. The Board of Directors is the governing body responsible for all policy decisions related to member services, legislative advocacy, education and resources and is crucial to the operation of the Association. The Board represents common interests of all California’s special districts before the Legislature and the State Administration. Serving requires one’s interest in the issues confronting special districts statewide.
COMMITMENT AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Attend all Board meetings, held every other month at the CSDA office in Sacramento.
- Participate on at least one committee, meets three to five times a year at the CSDA office.
- CSDA reimburses Directors for related expenses for Board/committee meetings as outlined in Board policy.
- Attend CSDA’s two annual events: Special Districts Legislative Days (held in the spring) and the CSDA Annual Conference and Exhibitor Showcase (held in the fall).
- Complete all four modules of CSDA’s Special District Leadership Academy within 2 years.
- CSDA does not reimburse for expenses for the two conferences or the Academy classes even if a Board or committee meeting is held in conjunction with the events.
Any Regular Member is eligible to nominate one person, a board member or managerial employee (as defined by that district’s Board of Directors), for election to the CSDA Board of Directors. A copy of the member district’s resolution or minute action and Candidate Information Sheet must accompany the nomination. The deadline for receiving nominations is May 23, 2014. Nominations and supporting documentation may be mailed or faxed.
Click here for the nomination form and candidate information sheet.
Nominees will receive a Candidate’s Packet in the mail. The packet will include campaign guidelines.
– CSDA will mail ballots on June 6.
– The ballots must be received by CSDA no later than 5:00 p.m. August 1, 2014 and must be the original ballot (no faxes or emails).
– The successful candidates will be notified no later than August 5. All selected Board Members will be introduced at the Annual Conference in Palm Springs, CA in September.
- Region 1 – Seat C – Phil Schoefer, Western Shasta Resource Conservation District
- Region 2 – Seat C – David Pierson, Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District*
- Region 3 – Seat C – Stanley Caldwell, Mt. View Sanitary District*
- Region 4 – Seat C – Steve Perez, Rosamond Community Services District*
- Region 5 – Seat C – Jim Acosta, Saticoy Sanitary District
- Region 6 – Seat C – Elaine Sullivan, Leucadia Wastewater District*
(* = Incumbent is running for re-election)
If you have any questions, please contact Charlotte Lowe at 877-924-2732 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Top of Page