We provide the most relevant government information crucial to all California districts. Search legislation CSDA is lobbying in the Capitol. Visit our Bill Tracking page.
Watch Legislative Proceedings
Meet My Legislator
We would be happy to help facilitate a visit with your legislator. Fill out the form and we will contact you directly.
Special Districts Fact Sheets
Download fact sheets with key talking points on fundamental issues related to special districts.
- Local Values Are District Values
- Accountable, Open and Public
- Local Investment of Local Property Taxes
- Prudent Reserves For a Sustainable Budget
Model Policies for Adopting Positions on State Legislation
Throughout the year, CSDA will send out a Call to Action on a specific bill or issue that significantly impacts the special district community. Likewise, a special district may choose to take a position on a piece of legislation that specifically impacts its services in a positive or negative way.
Formally registering your district’s position on legislation is a fundamental step in order to impact policy decisions made in Sacramento.
Download CSDA’s Model Policies for Adopting Positions on State Legislation
Other Advocacy Documents
- 2016 Year-End Legislative Report
- Grassroots Advocacy Guide
- CSDA Policy Principles
- ERAF Fact Sheet
- Fact Sheet: California Public Records Act
- Fact Sheet Reorganizations
- Fact Sheet The Right Number of Special Districts
- Guidelines for Ballot Measures
- LAFCOs and Special Districts
- LAO Report – A Look at Voter-Approval Requirements for Local Taxes
- Laws Governing Special Districts
- Model Policies for Adopting Positions on State Legislation
- Special Districts Compensation for Directors and Trustees
- Special District Fact Sheet
- Special District Reserve Guidelines, Second Edition
Top of Page